Monday, March 5, 2012

The Epic Weekend!

This was probably one of the most epically awesome weekends. Loren and I hadn't seen each other in 2 weeks (big sigh and sob) so I was more than excited when 5pm rolled around on Friday. I rushed up to Camp Pendleton to see him. When I got to his barracks and saw him walking around the corner of the building my heart jumped! :) I really missed him. Funny thing (I didn't notice til later that evening, but he noticed right away) we both had green hoodies on. hehe!

Loren and I drove out to town for dinner and drinks. We bar hopped for a while until coming across our new favorite in San Marcos. It has a patio pool room that's heated where he can smoke and we can hang out and play pool. There's also a modern day juke box where I can choose any kind of music I'd like to play. (Like a big Ipod). One of the bouncers is a Sgt that Loren knows and we ran into a few friendly faces while there.
Around 1am we grabbed a hotel and turned in for the night.

The next morning after breakfast Loren took me to the most AMAZING STORE IN THE WORLD!!!!!... Fry's Electronics.
This place is SERIOUSLY EPIC!!! I can't even put into words how cool this place is. There's fish swimming around in the walls! The selection of products.. wow! The staff are very helpful and very knowledgable. The prices are to die for! ;) My mind was racing as I walked through each isle and could imagine using each product in some way for my graphic design business.

As Loren and I left Fry's we decided to stop off in Vista to an apartment complex that I'd told him about. He liked it, it is temporary, but it'll work for now. It's about a 3 minute drive down the road from my work.

We're hoping to use our tax returns to pay for it. They're giving us a discount too because we're a military family. We've got to turn in our applications and hopefully we'll be approved. We'll know soon if we'll be moving there. The plan is for me to move in to the place in April, I'll set it up, and then when he checks out of the Corps then it'll be ready for us.

I've been looking on a website called Pendleton Yard Sales recently for deals to furnish the apartment. I recently added to our home with a CrockPot. ;) Yeay! It's sitting in my current bedroom where I'm more than anxious to use it. hehe! I've recently been gathering a collection of recipes, including some of Loren's favorites from his mom. I can't wait for us to have our own place where I can actually cook for him. It's hard right now because I live in a house with 5 other people and there's really no way I can stock up on my own spices and things right now. I just have to wait.

I drove back to Pendleton before even having a moment to register we were invited to a BBQ in Wire Mount III with friends and their wives.
We drove over and had a great time! It was nice to be able to chat with some of the other girls. I've recently been chatting with a friend of mine, Ashley, who is currently in TX and we've noted it's hard to relate to a lot of other women when it comes to the military. No one really knows what you're talking about or going through. So having a bunch of other military wives is very helpful. Plus, they're just as funny as their men. ;) (I'd met them first).

We spent the evening and eventually all of us crashed there.

The next morning we all went out for breakfast in Oceanside. I can't remember the name of the place we went to, but it was really good. Though, I don't know how many times I had to remind them about my drink. ;) They were pretty busy for a Sunday morning.

After breakfast we got gas in the car, I drove Loren to Pendleton to change and then I went home to shower and change the clothes I'd been in for the past 3 days. I'm seriously not one of those girls who can go without changing her clothes for 3 days.

When I got back up to Pendleton Loren and I went out to see the movie "Chronicles". It's an alright movie, not one I'd own or watch again. The idea was there, the story wasn't. I wish they'd given the movie a bit more thought. They made an almost nothing character (no character build up) the hero role in the end. Very confusing. It was hard to relate or connect with the "hero" because they never allowed you to connect with him. He was hardly a character, in my book.

After the movie, hanging out a bit, and dinner, we made our way back to the barracks to chill and take it easy. I went home around 10pm since I had to work the next day. I can't wait til we get our place. ;) Loren has guard duty til he gets out next month. It's getting closer. 46 days! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment