Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Furniture and Batteries

Monday was a long day. After work I ran over to a woman's home who was selling a sofa and love seat. I bought both. She also threw in a solid oak wood table. There's an extension that comes with it to make it 6' long. :) I have plans to sand it down and paint it later, but that'll be projects for Loren. The other project for Loren was a solid wood dresser for $20 from another military wife. I want to sand it, paint/stain it, and change out the hardware. We've spent a grand total of $220 so far on furniture and already have a dresser, table, sofa and love seat. Next plan is to get a bed. Not exactly sure where to get that, but we'll figure it out. The people who have sold the furniture to us have all been complete sweet hearts! They're favorable to military families and are allowing us to save the furniture at their homes for a little bit until we move in next week... Oh my gosh! We're moving in next week! AH! We have 1 page of paperwork to get turned in still...

After arranging for the furniture, Loren bought me a new battery for the car! :) I'm so happy! We had some friends at the barracks put it in for us since we don't own any tools yet. It took a total of 10 minutes and then it was time to test it out! VROOOOOOM!!! Instantly! :D SO EXCITED!!!! Seriously, for the past few months we've been experiencing *turn the key* - *put, put, nothing* repeat 5 times, *starts*... Its nice to have a car that starts.

While we were at Walmart buying the battery we also picked up a poker set for Loren so he can have poker nights with his buddies and they can bring their wives. The boys can do their thing and the girls can do theirs. :)

There was a sale on fishing poles and I fell in love with a purple and white one. He got it for me! I can't wait for this summer when we can go camping and fishing. I haven't gone camping in quite a while. Loren says he hasn't "really" camped in a while, either. Camping in the Marine Corps is very different. *he hugged a tent*

After shopping we went out for Sushi at "Love Boat Sushi" in Oceanside. It's a small place, not a whole lot going on but very yummy sea food for fantastic prices! YOU HAVE TO TRY IT!

I'm getting excited to have our place ready. I've got to start packing my things up a bit. My dresser looks like clothes exploded out of it. I've been so busy I haven't had time to actually be home for more than a few hours. Loren is going to be changing barracks in the beginning of April, so sadly, he'll be moving twice in 1 month. But at least I'll be on the other end getting our place set up for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment