Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Poor Car

Recently my car has decided it no longer likes the 9 year old stock battery it came with. I know, 9 years and never changing the battery, oh yeah I did that! I bought the car in 2007 and have never had to replace it. In the past few weeks it's been stalling when I start it. Turning the lights on before I start the car or even plugging in our cell phones before it starts will drain the battery.
This is the kind of car I have, but not my car. ;)

Monday when I started the car for work I noticed that the clock had restarted itself. Way to go battery! I almost freaked when it read 12:00! I didn't think I was that late for work. ;)
Today the car didn't want to start. I turned it over, it'd gulp and jump like it was trying to start but then it'd die. I tried one more time and it started! When I raced my way through Foussat Rd and onto Oceanside Blvd my hand started aching.
Last night, the queen of injuries that I am decided to run down the tile hall way in the house. As my feet hit a floor rug the traction I was creating cause the rug to slip from underneath me. I surfed in a not so graceful California style right into the load bearing wall to my left. My fist caught my crash.
I looked down at my hand as I waited for the "Sprinter" train to cross on El Comino Real. It was swollen and beginning to bruise. I laughed. How lovely is that?! I thought back to the time I smashed the exact same hand in a OfficeMax parking lot and it resulted in a bandaged hand and 3 almost 4 stitches. When I'd earned that injury I was working as a graphic designer for my favorite company out in Orem, UT. I had doctors orders not to use my hand for 3 days (which turned into 3 days + a 2 day weekend). It sucked! My hand hurt so bad.
Well I knew I didn't injure myself that badly. I smiled to myself and decided to drive one-handed to work since it hurt to use my hand.

By the time I got to work my hand was throbbing in pain. The last few times the company had me doing design work it was maybe an hour or so of work and then I didn't have anything else. When I opened the Design folder which they have all the orders for me to do, there were 10 different, complex orders. *sigh*... I asked a co-worker for some pain killers (Tylenol, IBuprofen, anything!) and I got to work with a pack of ice on top.

Near the end of the day, though my hand was stiff and still hurt a bit, I was able to get all my work done. The ride back home thankfully was less eventful as the ride to work, though I chose not to use my left hand. My co-workers (men in the back who work in production and also do the installation of the big signs we create) have offered to put my new battery in my car for me when I buy it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment