Sunday, March 11, 2012

Uniforms

Today was a rather peaceful Sunday. I took Loren his deserts today, having washed them last night. He and 3 of our other buddies were stuck on guard duty for the weekend. (40 days, people. 40 days left in the Corps!) One thing we did need to get was his cover. Loren's head is obviously bigger than mine (come on, he's a man!) but I don't look half bad as a grumpy old Marine. ;) So when I took him to grab lunch he found a cover in the office and we went to get him a new one. I learned a new term today - "Salted". When a uniform or a cover is "salted" it means they're getting old and faded. I also learned that there are different text weights for name tapes. If a name tape font is very thin and a brass color on deserts, it means that Marine is deployed. If a name tape is on greens with chunky, bold black letters it means that the Marine is in Boot Camp. I honestly never looked that closely. Good to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment