Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Weekend Quicky Wedding? Think NOT!

Friday morning I received a letter that was rather out of line from my land lords. I know they probably didn't plan to hurt my feelings, but I overheard them in the morning... I was mad, irritated, I cried at the idea that people would be so judgmental. "Should I wake her? I want to tell her she doesn't have to do it that way." They were mad because the month to month contract we'd signed in January was now ending like I said it would last month. They forgot. They didn't want me to leave so they were trying to figure out ways to keep me there. I'd told them we couldn't afford rent on 2 places. Did they listen, no. A white lined paper slid under my door with a list of things to do. I threw the page on the bed, grabbed my towel, and rushed into the bathroom to get ready for work and leave as early as I could. After work, I wasn't sure what to do. It was pay day, so I deposited my check, took out a bit of cash, then went to Ross to pick out a few basics for the apartment. By the time I'd had enough window shopping (I didn't want to spend much money) Loren told me to just come up to base. I drove up to Camp Pendleton and we went out for dinner. We decided to make a weekend of it and so I didn't come home until Sunday night. ;)

St. Patty's day was spent at 55 Yard Line in San Marcos. That place is awesome! We could eat and drink the same amount we would have in Oceanside, but only spend $33 - not $175 like we normally would. Driving to San Marcos was so much smarter for us. We called it a night early, but we were both very tired. But friends came out with us anyway. A lot of the Marines decided that they were going to stay in because it'd been raining all weekend.

Sunday Loren and I spent the day watching movies and just vegging. By evening Loren took me to a beautiful restaurant in Carlsbad. No one had ever taken me somewhere so pretty before. :) Such a wonderful evening! I've always said I'm not someone who needs to be given luxury and given frills. I'm realistic... But it was nice to be taken to a place like that. :) Made me feel good!

Monday when I got home from work I had to confront my land lord about the letter... They asked if I'd got it... I told them I had... I told my land lords we weren't moving the wedding up. We're keeping it where we're planning because we want our friends and family there. My land lords want us to elope and made a point of planning it in the letter I received Friday morning. I woke at 6:50am to them yelling about how I should have a Costco wedding, buy a dress, and then we go get married on the beach with as many friends as we could find. Do it all by the weekend. Nothing to do with our family. Loren wants his family there. I want my family there. When you pay for our wedding, that's when you've got a say in what we do and when. Right now, we're planning on the end of the year. If we were to get married under someone else's time line it'd just create frustration! Neither of us wanting that feeling on our wedding day.

Today while at work I checked in with the apartment complex and we're all set to move in on Saturday. I'm excited!!! I've got to clean and pack. I did laundry last week but never folded it and put it away... oh my it looks scary in the bedroom. :P Looks like the dresser threw up all my clothes. LOL!
But now it's time to pack. I've got to figure out how to move this weekend since I don't have a truck or my man and need to pick up the couches and table...

Something will work out. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment