Thursday, June 7, 2012

I hate driving!

 Have I told you guys lately how much I love Loren? Well, just in case you didn't know, I do. :D This man is amazing. He has done so much for us, keeps the house in order, cooks and cleans while I'm off at work. Yesterday he did the laundry and cleaned the house all before I'd gotten home.

One of the most impressive things he's done happened just after these photos were taken. Our friends were getting out of the Marine Corps so Loren invited them over for a little pre-gaming (I didn't drink, I'm D.D.)... The choice was to go to The Tilted Kilt in San Diego. One of the issues I've always had is driving on the freeway. Sometimes I can be completely fine! But when it comes to me on the freeway in an area I don't know, I FREAK OUT. Sometimes far worse than others. I hadn't had an issue for well over a year, so I didn't expect to have a panic attack on the freeway. We were in the area. Things were good! And then, I missed the exit. My phone usually will re-route me, so I waited. Driving around aimlessly... My phone did nothing. It just said "Continue on Course." What's that mean?! The map drove me farther and farther past our location. The anger set in. I yelled at Loren. I had to figure this out! I pulled over after it directed me to nowhere. I tried to reset it... Connection Lost. My phone had died, everything was irritating me because I was lost, and I didn't know how to clam down. Then, it happened. I started to feel it... The walls of the car felt like they were getting smaller. My chest felt like I had a million bricks crushing me... I couldn't breathe! I started gasping for air and then Terry, who was in the back seat, instantly knew what was happening. He whipped out his GPS, looked up the address and calmly directed us to where we were supposed to go. Loren took my hand and kept telling me to calm down and just breathe. At that point I started getting tunnel vision so I'm surprised we made it without crashing. As I gasped for air and kept trying to blink the black fog forming away, we somehow drove to the mall, got off the exit, and safely parked the car. I cried. They let me calm down outside the building for a bit before going in. I was still shaking by the time we went inside to meet friends. I felt embarrassed. I felt broken. But Loren reassured me it was ok. He talked me out of it. Held me when I needed something to bring me out of the funk. Told me everything would be ok. :) Moral of the story... I still hate driving into big cities. HATE IT! Don't wanna do it! Would rather someone else drove. Just sayin. :P  That's probably why I hate L.A. so much. I don't like driving to big cities. I'm sure it's a lovely place, I just hated the drive.
Real Moral to the Story: Loren is my husband. :) As sure as I've ever been in my life. Loren is the one for me. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment