Sunday, May 6, 2012

BBQs, Weddings and Ron Paul!

We've been settling into life in our new place quite well. Loren has been spending more time cooking for us (fine by me! lol!) - not that there's anything wrong with my cooking, he just has great ideas and I let him go wild!
Loren cooking creamy chicken and rice in our kitchen. (5/1/12)
We finally had enough saved for a bbq at Big Lots! (I know, we're big spenders)
Loren cooking on the BBQ on the porch outside.
Since Loren's been out of the corps adjustment has been pretty good. I've tried to take him back to see his buddies as often as we can and invite his buddies over often. Last night Loren BBQed and his friends Terry and Campbell came over and spent the night. The boys were up til 4 playing poker and having a good-old time. I woke at noon, showered, then cleaned the kitchen. The boys were sound asleep. When they finally woke up around 1pm it was like watching the walking dead. ;)

After breakfast I kissed my man and headed off for some "me" time at the spa down the road. I got a mani-pedi. I've been working on growing out my nails and keeping them nice looking helps me not to bite them. One of the reasons I want pretty nails is that Loren and I officially picked a date for the wedding today. April 4th, 2013. :) YEAY!!!! My old boss, Michaela Moryskova offered to do our engagement photos so I'm thinking I'll ask her as it gets closer. We picked April 4th, 2013 so that we'll be able to save money and have a tax return by then. I'm hoping that we'll be able to fly up to Washington where his parents are and have the wedding at their place. Last week as we were paying off bills Loren called up the bridal shop and finished the final payments on my wedding dress. The dress is due to arrive on Tuesday. I'm so excited!!! :D

I've been having a lot of fun this week looking at wedding stuff. Loren is totally letting me too! HAHA! I'm trying not to bug him by always talking about the wedding thought. I don't want to be a Bridezilla. ;) I've come up with a few ideas either way that I'm excited about. Table toppers - 4" x 4" mini wedding cakes for the guests! WOOT! I found a cake pan that bakes 4 at a time on amazon for quite a cheap price (under $10) and I plan to test it out when it comes. Just get a few $1 cake mixes at Stater Brothers, frost them, and hopefully they turn out usable. Its gonna be epic.

On to other business, Loren is signed up for school at Mira Costa College in Oceanside, CA and plans to start in June. We're both very excited. Loren is following one of his secret life-long dreams to be a defense attorney. I'm very proud of him. It'll be a long road for us, but we'll push through! He's determined to do it.

On May 4th a few friends of ours, Loren, and I jumped into the car and headed to UCSD to watch presidential candidate Ron Paul speak. :) That man is awesome!

Seriously cool, Ron Paul!
We arrived just in time to see him take stage. There were quite a few people there. Maybe a good 1000 or so. I did my infamous duck and sneak to get all the way in the front. Above is one of the photos I took of him.

Anyway, it's time for bed. Must turn in and get some sleep before the dreaded Monday shows its ugly head. Good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment