Saturday, May 19, 2012

Life is Good


A lot of awesome things have happened lately! The company I work for asked me to design something for a trade show they were going to. It was to be for a shower door and they wanted something to do with water. The image would be printed in 3D onto glass. So I took a day and designed the first thing that came to my mind. I'm so excited to announce that my design took home "2012 Industry Showcase Best of Show Award" from the NKBA San Diego Chapter, NARA (National Association of the Remodeling Industry, and VVSD (Veterans Village of San Diego). 


On May 15th Loren and I were offered a dog from some of his Marine buddies. Loren told them he had to ask me first. For a moment I thought about it. My family never really took care of dogs when we had them and I refused to have a stinky annoying dog. So I asked them to send me a photo of the dog. Her name was Miley and she is a Toy Fox Terrier. I didn't think I'd want her, but when I saw the photo my heart softened and I instantly told Loren "Awww!!! Ok, tell them we'll pick her up today!"
A few hours later we picked her up and she's been with us ever since. She is the sweetest little girl! She didn't like the name Miley (neither did I) and we started playing around with names. When I called her "Lacey" her ears perked up and she jumped. I knew then she was our little Lacey. She's 1 year old, full size. She was originally a rescue dog at 8 months. She'd belonged to a home of hoarders that had 150 dogs in a little back yard. Lacey was skin and bones, starved, and almost dead when they rescued her. The Marines who adopted her told us they got her and she has bulked up a lot.
When we brought her home she never had an accident, she cuddled right up, and wasn't bouncy or excited. She just fit right in with our relaxed attitudes. When it was time for bed she cuddled up between Loren and me and slept. When she's tired, around 10:30pm, she lets us know. She wants to be held, rests her head on our shoulders and yawns. Just like a little baby would. :)


On May 17th, I woke up to shocking (in a good way) news. My little brother had been keeping quiet about his girlfriend being pregnant and on May 16th at 8:51pm little Amelia was born! My mom says she looks just like I did as a baby... except she has a full head of hair. :)
I'M AN AUNT FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)


Life is good!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your beautiful artwork! I want that as a shower door...Also congrats on your 2 new members of the family! Being an auntie is awesome.

    ReplyDelete