Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Two Days and Counting!

T-Minus 2 days and counting! :) We've been busy!

Sunday was spent cleaning the apartment. Loren and I bought a brand new vacuum. It makes me giggle to think that it's purple... but hey, that's all they had. "Its whatever" At least it works! Our couches had been previously owned by a woman who had cats. She promised she's clean them before we picked them up, but she didn't catch all the cat hair. Our first few weeks in the apartment were spent sleeping on the couches. Loren is allergic to cats. Our first night, sound asleep when I hear pour Loren coughing to the point he's gagging. I jumped straight off the couch "Oh dear god, I've killed him!!" was my thought. He said he was fine. I made it my goal to get us a bed as soon as we had money. So Sunday Loren got the vacuum out and I vacuumed the couches as he vacuumed the rest of the living room. Not much traffic going on through out the place, but the vacuum kicked butt! :) No sneezes yet.
One of the perks of our apartment is a great balcony to just lounge around on and soak up the sun. While sitting on the porch I remember looking at my toes and thinking out loud "I need a pedicure."
"Ok." Loren replied.
"I'm gonna go get one." I told him.
"Ok."
"You're coming with me."
"Ok..." So we put on our flip-flops (everyone in California wears flip-flops) and drove down the road to the nail salon in the little strip mall. I was weary about going there, from the outside it's your classic, every day, run-of-the-mill nail shop... but when we got inside, I don't know where they were hiding the awesomeness, but woo! Loren tried to escape by going to the computer store near by, but it was closed so he came back. ;) I had them give us both manicures and pedicures. I needed it, heavens - I'm sure a man wearing combat boots all year long would need it too. I did however tell him if he picked a color I'd kick his butt. For myself, french tip gel manicure and red toes with little white flowers. Perfect! It was nice to relax and just do something for me (ok, yes that counts even though I got it for him too). All my co-workers lately had been telling me I needed to go out and do something for myself.

After our spa break and cleaning our search began for missing gear in Oceanside. One great thing about Oceanside when it comes to military stuff (C.I.F gear) is that the place is a gold mine. There's so many stores that cary it, we were able to find everything that was missing. For about 6 months now I've also been on the search for white shoes for my dad's Navy uniform. When I stopped into the shops in Oceanside I asked, but no one carried anything Navy - just Marine. All my Navy stuff would be found in San Diego... So now we're going to have to find some time to get down to San Diego for some shopping.

So after all that shopping I had to take Loren back to the barracks. :( I kissed him goodbye and he walked back into the barracks for his last week as an active duty Marine. (he will always be a Marine)

When I got home I had made an arrangement for one of the military wives in an online group I'm in to come over with Scentsy stuff. Can I just tell you how addicted I am to Scentsy? Oddly enough, Loren loves it too! So before I dropped him back off I told him I'd call him with how much it'd cost and he could cut me off if needed. (put the money ball in his court!) I picked out our new warmers - one for the kitchen, one for the living room, and a plug-in for the bathroom. Along with all that we got 6 bars. I still had more bars I loved so it was hard choosing what ones I wanted first. So I called Loren and give him the price of the first package and the price with the package plus the rest of the bars I wanted. He chose the cheaper route. (thanks, babe!)
So we placed an order and then I headed off to bed.

Monday morning the girl who had come over recommended I become a Scentsy consultant. I felt like I really didn't think I'd be good at it since I didn't know many people. That was totally fine! She reassured me that it'd be a great way for me to meet people and have extra money. Both very good things for us. I told Loren about it. He said it sounded like a good idea. So when we have the funds I'll buy my first kit and start selling Scentsy as a part time job.

Tuesday I had a stroke of genius while looking online at decorating ideas for our apartment. Every time I wanted to buy something I'd think "Eh, it's not really what I want..." and not get it... Meaning more time with naked walls. Not so homey. Then I had an idea... I could make something myself! So I took a logo I'd designed (I'm really on this big logo kick) and blew it up to fit a 24" x 36" poster frame. I added our names and wala! Custom home decor! Loren hasn't seen it yet. I hung it in the living room. And oddly enough, the whole thing cost me LESS than what it would have cost me if I'd bought some meaningless artwork at the store. I've decided to turn our living room into this awesome movie theater type room. Once Loren gets his projector (probably after he gets settled in a new job) I plan to buy some red fabric to hang up on the wall where the screen will go. That way when we have guests over we can just open the curtains and look who's awesome with their own theater! That would be us! :) I'll post my DIY Curtains when I do it. Yeah, I know. I'm having too much fun being "bored" in our new place.

No comments:

Post a Comment