Thursday, April 12, 2012

Rambles

The weekend is coming, Loren will be home soon. This will be the last weekend before he's officially out and we begin Operation: JOB HUNT. He's very excited for what's to come. Lately he's been working on checking out of the Marine Corps. Its a tedious process, but must be done.

On my end, work has been good. The company has paid to send me and 2 other coworkers to a seminar in San Diego next month. I'm pretty excited! Life is going smoothly right now.

It seems as though time is flying by quite quickly. I can't believe I've been in California almost half a year. So much has happened and so much more to come. Life is just beginning for us right now. :)

Did I tell you, WE GOT INTERNET?! Oh yeah, we did. And, as much as I'd like to say I love it and I've missed it, I actually don't know what to do now that we have internet at home. I spend all day at my desk not being able to do much more than read the news so when I actually come home... I'm not totally sure as to what to do with the "interwebs" (- George W. Bush)! I watched my shows I need to catch up on with Hulu (apparently not many) and now... um... *pop in a movie* I remember being able to go maybe an hour or so without wanting to use the internet. Now it's like I don't need it. HAHA! I know, I know, I say this now. Just wait until a month goes by and I'm addicted to Pinterest again. ;) The only thing I could see using the internet for right now is finding coupons online. But as we found out this past weekend, our brand new printer doesn't work. We'll need to return it. My wonderful man spent hours trying to get it to even register there was paper and to spit it out only to find out the dang thing wouldn't spit the ink out. Grrrr... I guess it's just one of those things, you know?

Our latest purchase was an awesome coffee maker. Has it been used yet... Nope! But it's pretty and red and sits in the kitchen looking awesome. HAHA! I'm afraid I'll break it. So I'll let Loren figure it out. :)

California, I must say is lovely! We have the best weather! Granted, we do have an awful lot of earth quakes. I felt my first one a few weeks ago - but I didn't know it was an earth quake until my coworkers were talking about it the next day. It was like a little vibration. Gee, I hope I don't have to experience a big one now. Crap! *knock on wood* Back to the weather, April and May are the rainy seasons, so say Loren. It will rain a bit, no thunder or lightning, but just rain. Then when its done, the sun will come out and be 75 degrees again! Hard to imagine it being any other season than Summer. I can understand why some people would want to go to Utah and see the snow during winter. It'll be odd to have another Christmas without snow. My favorite holiday is Christmas. :)

PS: Randomness I found out today. The apartment has been creaking, sometimes it'll creep me out at night. Sounds like someone is in the next room. Well as I was sitting on the porch I realized it's the drop in temperature that causes the walls and furniture to settle. Interesting. And... The neighbor snores. And Im not talking like cute little snores, i mean BIG TIME SNORING... I'm listening to them... right... now... Someone please get them breathe right strips or something. :P

A song I've heard on the radio lately helps me get through the week...

“When I look at my life the way it was before,
I can honestly say - “I don’t miss it, anymore.”
I tried so hard to fit in, that I’d make myself ill.
I would cry, I hated life, and things weren’t going very well.
Along came a friend who reminded me of something I used to say
“what do their opinions matter, anyway?”
I could be me and that was OK. God still loved me,
cared for me, no matter what paths I take.
I didn't fit into the cookie-cutter mold.
Trying to force myself to do so was just getting old.
When people judge me and say they wont be my friend
I remember those who still love me, stick with me,
no matter what way life bends.
Not everyone likes to see those who are happy just being them.
But what is life with no curves up ahead?
This is my life, I choose who I’ll be.
I didn’t jump off the deep end, because I chose to think freely.
So choose today, ‘to thine own self be true.’
because the next time you express yourself,
it’d better be a thought from you.”
- Marie C. Zamora 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment