Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Moved In!

We've made the move, have some furniture, and are settling into the new place now.
On moving day, one of Loren's friends helped us move with his truck. Our first week we were sleeping on the couches.

On the 28th it was my 27th birthday. :) I had a great day! My state income taxes came in from Utah so since Loren was stuck at Camp Pendleton I treated myself to shopping for home and kitchen supplies. ;)

Friday after work we went out to celebrate with a few friends. 55 Yard Line is our new hot spot.
Loren <3


Cory going in for the drunken bite. ;)

Loren and me pullin "duck lips"

Saturday was the big party! Loren and I rushed in the morning to buy a bed and have it delivered before 6pm. By the afternoon I had to quickly start the crockpot for the experimental 7Up Chicken and Rice which turned out pretty well, and a simple salad. I also made a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. :) No decorations cause I didn't have that much money, but when they all sang to me everyone held out a lighter! It was epic! We rushed to clean the apartment, I ran to the store to pick up drinks then ran to another to pick up a lamp for the super dark living room. Our apartment was built in a time period where having lamps was the main source of lighting a room. I'd bought 2 lamps for the bedroom on Wednesday, but without any side tables, that wouldn't be useful in the living room and what about the now dark bedroom? So another lamp was needed. Loren had previously pointed out a standing lamp he liked at Walmart so I rushed and picked it up.
After getting all the food ready and dropping off shopping I took our sick friend who stayed over Friday back to Camp Pendleton. Loren and I were running on 3 hours of sleep and I was rushing everywhere!

Loren and I expected about 8 or so people. In reality we had about 15 and then some trickling in and out throughout dinner. Around midnight the party ended and Loren and I hopped into bed for some well needed sleep.

With all that had happened Saturday, I felt really bad. I had snapped at my loving and sweet man. I became the "bitchy wife" that I knew I never wanted to be.

Sunday I felt down. Loren had a friend come over in the morning so I told them to go out and get the projector that Loren so desperately wants in our living room. It's going to be pretty bad ass! Just sayin. ;) When he left, I went out to Berlington Coat Factory, Big Lots!, Ross, Walmart, and Target. I wanted to find some more things for the house. When I got to Target I had a complete anxiety attack in the middle of the candle isle. I felt so stupid. The security guards watching the camera must have had a good laugh. I stood there next to the shelf, holding my glasses and shading my eyes sobbing and attempting not to make a sound other than a sniff or two. I had this overwhelming feeling that I'd been doing EVERYTHING and I was tired of it! Everything = worrying about bills, setting up the house, taking care of a drunk/sick friend, making sure a party happened, buying a bed, shopping for food on a low budget, working... etc
My breaking point was me in a candle isle looking for a center piece for our kitchen table. LOL! And stubborn me didn't want to tell Loren. Partly because I wanted him to not think me weak and partly because I didn't know how to tell him. A few moments later I received a text message from Loren telling me he'd got me a birthday present. I collected myself, made my way to the cash register and then came home.

Loren was waiting for me on the porch when I came walking around the shaded pathway. :) He had a huge smile that warmed my heart. I handed off my spoils and we went inside. The laptop was propped open on the counter as he walked me through to show me what he got me. It was like watching a puppy! When he took me into the bedroom there it was. A beautiful, fancy, techie printer all for me! :) I'd wanted a printer so I could print off coupons and photography. I'd casually mentioned it to him while I attempted to fill out a shopping list with him that morning.
I gave him a hug and a kiss and I almost wanted to cry. Leaking from the eye joints doesn't exactly make sense to Loren so I try not to do it. I just wanted him to hold me.

Around 2 I started preparations for dinner. When it finished we decided to take a relaxing nap. I love that bed, can I seriously tell you how awesome it is? When Loren and I bought it the Interior Designer we bought it from threw his hand in Loren's face and showed his wedding band. "See this? This means everything I do I've got to think about the Woman who is on the other end. What she wants is what matters."... And with that, Loren agreed with whatever bed I wanted. LOL! Thankfully, I'm realistic and bought a bed that felt good and was within our price range.

After dinner I took him back to Camp Pendleton.

Loren has a few days and 2 weeks left in the Marine Corps. New huge assignment is to find him a job

No comments:

Post a Comment